Find small business insurance that fits your needs.
BeWellNM’s Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) Marketplace is open to businesses in New Mexico with up to 50 employees. SHOP helps small business and not-for-profits provide health coverage to their employees. Open enrollment for SHOP continues on a rolling basis throughout the year.
SHOP is designed to give you access to high quality health coverage to offer your employees. When you offer your employees coverage through SHOP:
- You control the coverage you offer and how much you pay toward employee premiums.
- You can choose from four levels of coverage to find a plan that meets the needs of your business and employees.
- You can start coverage any time. Enroll by the 15th of the month and coverage can begin on the 1st of the following month.
- If you buy SHOP coverage and have fewer than 25 employees, you may qualify for a small business healthcare tax credit worth up to 50% of your premium costs. You can still deduct from your taxes the rest of your premium costs not covered by the tax credit. The tax credit is available only for plans purchased through SHOP.
Employers that started coverage for their employees in 2014 will need to select a new plan or renew their current plan before their coverage expires in 2015. Employers that signed up for SHOP last year will receive notification 75 days before their coverage expires on the steps they need to take to ensure their employees maintain coverage.
Employers that need help navigating the renewal process can contact an agent or broker for more information.
Contact a Certified Agent or Broker
How do I enroll?
- Find an Agent: Small business owners can enroll in SHOP coverage directly through a BeWellNM certified agent or broker. Click HERE for help locating an agent or broker near you.
- Anonymously Browse for Plans: Coming soon will be the BeWellNM Shop and Compare tool where you can browse plans and prices before you create an account. Check back here soon for updates.
- Apply: Create an account and apply now for the SHOP Marketplace
Do you wish to appeal a SHOP decision?
If you believe any decisions about your eligibility are incorrect, you can file an appeal. Call SHOP support staff to begin your appeal process at 1-800-204-4700.